Friday, July 15, 2005

Humor: Day of Registration

We have all seen it, that dazed look in the freshman's eyes as he gets to the next to last table in the registration process. It was fall and the registration line was long. I had many students left before I would be able to walk out the door for the evening and things such as computers were just not cooperating. I was about ready to fling the computer out the window and just use the good old pen and paper. Sanity had left me a couple of hours earlier and I too had a dazed look on my face as I went through the process of registering vehicles. This is not rocket science, but it is one of those things that you have to do each year.

One young freshman stepped up and didn't have her vehicle registration filled out. To save a little time I began asking the questions. You know, the important stuff like name, address, and phone. This young lady got all those questions right so I thought, What the heck, I might as well ask her what the license number is. Mind you, this is vehicle registration. She pulled out her driver's license and dutifully handed it to me. I politely handed it back and told her I needed her vehicle license plate.

She started reciting the letters PSD 1234 or something like that. With the noise in the background I couldn't tell if she was saying PFD or PSD. Being the resourceful person I am, I said, "Did you say P as in Paul, F as in Frank and D as in David?" She stood there for a minute looking at me with a puzzled look and then said, "I don't know what it spells." It provided a laugh for me just when I needed a good break from the routine of keying in mundane details.

There were several of us at the vehicle registration table and we all had a good laugh about it after she left. The poor freshmen, they don't realize how entertaining they can be at times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home